Counselling in KW1

View cities in KW1
Photo of Dr Marieanne Bruce, Psychologist in KW1, Scotland
Dr Marieanne Bruce
Psychologist, DCounsPsych, HCPC - Couns. Psych.
Hello, I’m an experienced HCPC registered Counselling Psychologist just outside Dunfermline, with over 15 years of psychology experience both within the NHS and private sector. I aim to come alongside you to help make sense of distress and find the best way to move forward to improve wellbeing. Part of therapy is about noticing unhelpful life patterns that keep us stuck. This involves developing more awareness of our emotions, thoughts and actions. Difficult emotions can be challenging and In times of distress we often push our thoughts and feelings away.
01383 663862
Wick KW1
& Online
Fran Davies
Psychotherapist, MBACP
I am a psycho-dynamic counsellor and have been counselling couples, adults and teenagers for over twenty years. I work with issues creating such distressing issues as anxiety, bereavement, relationships, eating problems, illnesses - in fact most of the problems which need to be looked at to improve life for my clients. I work with couples and with individuals of all ages. I also use CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and other therapies which I have studied in order to help clients to change or cope with their problems. I can offer a non-judgemental, safe place for people to bring their problems for help.
01847 637006
Office is near:
Wick KW1
& Online

See more therapy options for KW1

What type of mental health professional is right for me?
Some of the most common types of mental health providers in KW1 are psychologists, licensed counsellors, therapists, and psychotherapists, all of whom diagnose mental health conditions and provide individualised treatment.

Services offered, education, and credentials vary by type of mental health professional. Each professional in KW1 then may specialise in certain areas, such as depression, marriage counselling, or anxiety. Although many mental health providers are not licensed to prescribe medication, they may coordinate with a provider who can.

Both in-person and online therapy sessions are available from most psychologists.
How to find a specialist?
You can refine your search using the filters on this page. There are several categories you can filter by to find mental health professionals with the experience you are looking for. You may want to filter for CBT Psychologists in KW1, or Child Psychologists in KW1.

Many find it useful to use filters to view only psychologists that have experience working with certain issues, like KW1 psychologists specialising in EMDR.

What method of therapy is right for me?
When it comes to treatment methods, there's no 'right way.’ Each method of therapy can be beneficial for a variety of issues. Psychologists in KW1 specialise in therapeutic approaches such as CBT, EMDR, and Interpersonal Therapy (IPT), among others. Finding a psychologist or counsellor who is a good fit for you is the most important step to discovering what type of therapy, or combination of therapeutic approaches, will meet your individual needs. Learn what to expect from different types of therapy and how they work.

Can I afford counselling?
Yes. Most counsellors offer reasonable rates or will work on a sliding scale basis. Many accept health insurance. Feel free to discuss this when you contact the counsellor.