The pandemic and lockdown saw a dramatic increase in social isolation and loneliness, but it also saw an increase in people reaching out for help from counselling and psychotherapy. As a joint-qualified counsellor and social worker, I have seen this change first-hand. It’s okay to recognise that you are feeling overwhelmed and need help; it’s okay to realise that you are stuck in a pattern of behaviour that you know is doing you no good; it’s okay to recognise that there’s something in your life that you want to change. As a Person-Centred therapist, my job is to work with you to create a space from which change is possible.
I’ve worked with people with dementia, learning disabilities or autism for over 30 years. As a counsellor, I've worked with ex-offenders; those with drug and alcohol dependency; perpetrators of domestic violence. Whatever issues you are facing, I promise to offer you a listening ear; a non-judgmental place to tell your story and unpack your hopes and fears.
I offer telephone and on-line counselling or we can meet face to face in my bespoke garden office (fondly called ‘The Shed’.) I am a big fan of walking therapy so, for those who fancy it, we can put on our walking shoes and meet in a local park. Call me for a free, 15-minute introductory session to see if I offer the right kind of counselling for you.
- Cost per Session: £40 - £50
- Sliding Scale: Yes
Pay By: Bank transfer, Cash
- Years in Practice: 1 Year
- Membership: British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy / Registered Member
- Training: Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy - professional training / 2022
I am a joint-qualified Counsellor and Social Worker.
- Membership: Social Work England / Registered Member / 2003
- Diploma: University of Salford / Social Work - professional practice / 1998
- Carer support
- Intellectual Disability
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Behavioural Issues
- Developmental Disorders
- Domestic Abuse
- Domestic Violence
- Education and Learning Disabilities
- Men's Issues
- Elderly Persons Disorders
I also speak: French
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy