Pressure in life, as in high-demand or performance environments is a certainty and how we perceive pressure determines our response. We can choose how to think about pressure, but this depends on our Self-Belief (confidence), which is an essential ingredient when navigating demanding situations. In these environments we need access to skills to strengthen, maintain and take care of our mental fitness and mental health. Self-Belief is a trainable skill! The sessions integrate Cognitive Behavioural skills and Mindfulness Based Therapy, facilitating learning through practicing with our attention, awareness, attitude and activity.
Balancing and taking care of our personal resources requires reflection, careful planning, persistence, choosing the right strategies and learning how to deal with obstacles. I have worked with many clients in the NHS, elite university sports, professional golf, pro cycling, a Paralympic squad, public sector organisations and creative industries.
I research, develop, design and facilitate MBCT programmes in the NHS, the workplace and High Performance Sport. I was a clinician in the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services for 30 years, providing individual psychological therapy, family work and group therapy. I also worked in the services Family Therapy and Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Teams.
Call or Email Jerry Fox: MBCT-Life & Performance for a free 15 minute consultation now - 01392 321706
- Session Fee: £50 per session
Pay By: Bank transfer
Accepted Insurance Plans
- AXA PPP
- Nuffield Health
Insurance companies and other organisations the fee is negotiated.
Email us or call 01392 321706 with questions.
- Years in Practice: 32 Years
- Membership: Nursing & Midwifery Council / Professional Governing Body
- Training: Registered Mental Health Nurse /PGDip Psy. Therap / 1991
The MBCT research I am engaged with has been published. I was an expert witness for the All Party Parliamentary Mindful Nation Report UK.
- Certificate: University of Exeter / Certificate in Psychotherapy/ Certificate in Counselling / 1990
- Membership: British Association Of Mindfulness-based Approaches / Registered Teacher / 2019
- Sports Performance
- Coping Skills
- Performance (work/sport/creative)
- High-Demand Professions
- Life Coaching
- Life Transitions
- Self Esteem
Types of Therapy
- Clinical Supervision and Qualified Supervisors
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy for Life
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
Jerry Fox: MBCT-Life & Performance