Hi, I’m Helen - a BABCP-accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist ('CBT') and Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing ('EMDR') practitioner. I have over 15 years’ experience of working within NHS mental health services and hold a Postgraduate Diploma in CBT and an MSc in Applied Social Studies.
I work with a wide range of issues including post traumatic stress disorder ('PTSD') including complex childhood attachment trauma, psychosis, social anxiety, substance misuse, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder ('OCD') bi-polar affective disorder, generalised anxiety disorder and panic disorder.
I am empathetic and use a collaborative approach in helping people to identify and reach their own personal goals. I currently offer online sessions only.. If you wish to know more, please feel free to contact me for an informal chat.
- Years in Practice: 15 Years
- Membership: British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies / Full Accredited Member
- Training: Oxford University 2000 MSc Social Studies; Lancaster Univ 2013 PG Dip CBT; EMDR Europe 2016: Pts 1-3 / 2013
- Trauma and PTSD
- Alcohol Use
- Bipolar Disorder
- Coping Skills
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
- Self Esteem
- Social Anxiety
- Substance Use
Types of Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
Helen Jones CBT and EMDR Therapy