Birth, pregnancy and becoming a parent can be one of our biggest life transitions. Infertility or the loss of a baby can be devastating. You may be struggling as a new parent, or you can only dream of that struggle as you contend with infertility or the loss of your baby. Maybe becoming a parent has brought up uncomfortable memories about your own childhood and is making parenthood extra tough. I specialise in counselling at these times, including antenatal/postnatal depression, anxiety, baby loss, birth trauma, and breastfeeding grief or trauma. I work with anyone affected — mothers, fathers, other parents, friends and relatives.
Together we can find your joy as a parent or work through your own childhood memories to lessen their impact on you today. We can create a place to grieve the loss of your baby or to make sense of your difficult birth when our culture can often sweep this pain aside. Your pain matters to me and I would like to support you to find some peace and healing.
Please contact me to arrange a free intro call, or with your questions. I know it can be a huge step to contact someone about such personal aspects of your life so there’s no need to tell me anything you’re not comfortable with sharing and no obligation to sign up for further sessions. You might also like to visit my website for more about me and how I work.
- Years in Practice: 4 Years
- Membership: National Counselling Society / Accredited Registrant
- Training: MA Person-Centred Experiential Counselling and Psychotherapy Practice, University of Nottingham / 2020
- Certificate: Association for Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO) / Level One Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling / 2021
- Degree: University of Nottingham / BSc (Hons) Psychology / 2001
- Pregnancy, Prenatal, Postpartum
- Birth Trauma
- Domestic Abuse
- Emotional Disturbance
- Life Transitions
- Postnatal Depression (women and men)
- Self Esteem
- Trauma and PTSD
- Women's Issues
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy
- Experiential Therapy