Gill Sweeting currently has a waitlist for new clients.
Sometimes the difficulties you have in the present are influenced by how things have been for you in the past. How you have coped with the tough experiences, the beliefs you have developed about yourself and the world, your habitual responses. You want to improve things for yourself but you can't see a way through. Maybe you have tried other ways of getting better, maybe with some success, but the underlying problems just turn up in different ways. You are here because you know that you are not out of options. Online Psychotherapy has helped many people like you. And with me, you are in a safe pair of hands.
I work with individuals and couples. My main areas of specialism are relationship and sexual issues, disordered eating, and recovery from adverse childhood experiences, including sexual abuse. Having worked in hospice, I also have a lot of experience with life-limiting illness and complex bereavement. I am an Online Therapist, using a secure video platform.
I don't have magic tricks or pre-designed treatments. Mainly what I have is a respect for my clients as individuals, and the willingness to engage in a relationship that is therapeutic in its own right. My aim is for you to feel understood, validated, and inspired, by our online sessions, which you access from the comfort of your own home. Let's get started!
- Session Fee: £50 per session
- Couples Session Fee: £50 per session
Pay By: Bank transfer, Paypal
- Years in Practice: 15 Years
- Membership: British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy / Accredited Member
- Training: Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Practice and Diploma in Integrative Psychosexual Therapy / 2008
My qualifications enable me to work with adult individuals and couples and I have taken additional training in Online Practice.
- Certificate: York St. John University / Counsellor Supervision / 2012
- Membership: National Counselling Society / Accredited Professional Registrant
- Relationship Issues
- Eating Disorders
- Sexual Abuse
- Alcohol Use
- Domestic Violence
- Family Conflict
- Marital and Premarital
- Peer Relationships
- Self Esteem
- Sex Therapy
- Stressful/toxic conditions in the workplace
- Survival of adverse childhood experiences
- Trauma and PTSD
- Women's Issues
- Mood Disorders
- Elders (65+)
- Gay Allied
- Non-Binary Allied
- Transgender Allied
Types of Therapy
- Compassion Focused
- Transactional Analysis
- Trauma Focused