Giles Matthew Allen is not currently accepting new clients.
I work within a Jungian framework, where symptoms are seen as communications from the psyche that need to be honoured, in order to be understood and worked through. I endeavour to meet the patient where they are, and through the interpersonal relationship that emerges between us, with its conscious and unconscious aspects, narratives and meaning can emerge safely and creatively, whether through speech, silence, dreams or bodily gesture. Although my main focus is psychodynamic, I have 20 years experience as a practicing psychiatrist, and I am also practice Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy.
EMDR is a powerful tool for processing past trauma and can also be used effectively to treat anxiety and phobias. My Jungian and psychodynamic approach is useful in depression, relationship difficulties, bereavement, creative block, existential and spiritual malaise. As a psychiatrist I have wide knowledge of psychopharmacology and working with addictions.
- Cost per Session: £80 - £150
- Sliding Scale: Yes
Pay By: Bank transfer, Cash, Cheque
- Years in Practice: 26 Years
- Membership: General Medical Council / General Adult Psychiatry
- Training: MA in Medical Science and Biological Anthropology, University of Cambridge 1990-93 / 1996
- Membership: British Psychoanalytic Council, International Association of Analytical Psychologists / Full / 2015
- Membership: EMDR Association UK / 2021
- Trauma and PTSD
- Alcohol Use
- Borderline Personality (BPD)
- Dual Diagnosis
- Relationship Issues
- Self Esteem
- Substance Use
- Suicidal Ideation
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorders
Types of Therapy
Giles Matthew Allen