Hi, I'm Gareth from Purple Rain Counselling. I am an integrative counsellor providing support for people with any kind of mental health issue. I offer specialist help for depression, anxiety, addiction, bereavement and supporting those who have lost loved ones to suicide. By listening to you, we will develop our sessions together to help you achieve your desired goals and give you the coping skills you need.
I have lived experience of depression, bereavement by suicide, addiction and recovery, which means that I have real empathy and understanding. I have attended Postvention Assisting those Bereaved By Suicide and Cruse Bereavement training. I have also been working in the field of substance misuse for over 7 years, delivering psychosocial interventions.
I offer a safe space for you to talk about what's on your mind and what is causing you distress by actively listening to you to develop the best offer of counselling support for you. I offer a free 15 minute telephone consultation and work across the Greater Manchester area.
- Years in Practice: 1 Year
- Membership: British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy / Registered Member
- Training: Level 5 Professional Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling / 2021
- Certificate: SMART Recovery UK / SMART Facilitator / 2015
- Bereavement by suicide
- Coping Skills
- Men's Issues
- Physical Disability
- Self Esteem
- Substance Use
- Suicidal Ideation
- Trauma and PTSD
- Personality Disorders
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Rational Emotive Behaviour (REBT)
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
- Transactional Analysis