Dr Emily McBride currently has a waitlist for new clients.
Are you seeking a safe space with an experienced psychologist? You might be feeling overwhelmed, low, frustrated, guilty, or anxious. Perhaps you feel you've lost part of your identity, impacting on your sense of purpose and self-worth. I know it can be incredibly hard to express what you truly feel and need to others. I offer a supportive and non-judgmental space for you to work through current issues, as well as difficulties from your past. I specialise in supporting people with long-term conditions (e.g. chronic pain, depression, cancer), and also work with a range of wider issues (e.g. PTSD and trauma).
We can work together to make sense of your situation and what you need to move forward. For example, we could focus on difficult emotions or physical symptoms, implementing skills, or understanding your unique patterns and drivers. We might explore how past experiences or your current environment influence your mental and physical health.
I use evidence-based therapies and behaviour change methods, drawing from acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), compassion-focussed therapy (CFT), and EMDR (for PTSD/trauma work). Please get in touch to book an initial session and I will get back to you soon. I would be delighted to be part of your journey.
- Cost per Session: £120 - £150
Pay By: Bank transfer, Paypal
Accepted Insurance Plans
- AXA PPP
- Cigna and Evernorth
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Membership: Health & Care Professions Council / Health Psychologist
- Training: PhD in Health Psychology and Behavioural Science
- Degree: British Psychological Society / Doctorate-level Stage 2 Qualification in Health Psychology / 2015
- Degree: University College London (UCL) and Yale University / Health Psychology and Behavioural Science / 2020
- Chronic Illness
- Chronic Pain
- Alcohol Use
- Coping Skills
- Emotional Disturbance
- Life Transitions
- Medication Management
- Self Esteem
- Sleep or Insomnia
- Trauma and PTSD
- Weight Loss
- Women's Issues
- Mood Disorders
- HIV / AIDS Allied
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA)
- Clinical Supervision and Qualified Supervisors
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Compassion Focused
- Motivational Interviewing
Dr Emily McBride