Dr Rachel M Allan
Psychologist, PsychD, HCPC - Couns. Psych.
As a Counselling Psychologist, I draw on a number of different therapeutic approaches to provide an intervention that suits you and supports you to meet your goals. I provide a safe and non-judgemental space for you to explore your difficulties. I will work with you to come up with a treatment plan, unique to you, that meets your needs and helps you move forward. When we meet for the first time, we will spend some time looking at your difficulties, and I will assess what intervention is likely to be most suitable for you at that time.
Counselling Psychology is a branch of Professional Psychology which specialises in providing effective, evidence-based psychological interventions in a compassionate, sensitive and collaborative way. As a Counselling Psychologist, my professional values include promoting hope, meaning, understanding, growth and personal empowerment.
I have worked extensively with clients suffering from depression, anxiety, OCD and relationship issues, and with people living with the long-term effects of trauma. I am trained in Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), which is an evidence-based treatment for difficulties arising from traumatic events.
Email Dr Rachel M Allan for a free phone consultation now
- Years in Practice: 10 Years
- Membership: Health & Care Professions Council - Counselling Psychologist
- Training: Practitioner Doctorate in Counselling Psychology - 2010
Pay By: Bank transfer, Cash
- Degree / Diploma: University of Strathclyde - Counselling - 2007
- Degree / Diploma: University of Glasgow - M.A. Psychology (1st) - 2006
- Trauma and PTSD
- Relationship Issues
- Self Esteem
- Bipolar Disorder
- Emotional Disturbance
- Family Conflict
- Life Transitions
- Marital and Premarital
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Peer Relationships
- Sexual Abuse
- Women's Issues
- Mood Disorders
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Clinical Supervision and Qualified Supervisors -
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
- Trauma Focused
- Online Counselling