My ideal client is able to reflect on their emotions and what's happened to them in their lives and relationships. They have the time and space to give to this. They have some motivation to change and can take some responsibility for the work we do together. We would work together to explore what they need and identify personal goals, this may change over the course of therapy.
I hope to help by giving respect and empathy, listening and trying to understand more deeply what distresses each person. Problem solving and techniques have a place but relationship and trust are paramount. I have experience of working with attachment and relational trauma which can underlie many presenting problems.
I find that listening and respecting the individual is a key aspect of any helping relationship. Building trust and rapport over time and exploring a persons inner world of meaning. I cannot know what it feels like to be you but I aim to walk beside you and offer a space for you to explore, express and discover who you are and where you want to go.
- Cost per Session: £30 - £70
Pay By: Bank transfer, Cheque
Accepted Insurance Plans
- AXA PPP
I ask clients for their pre authorisation code in advance and bill at completion. They are reminded to pay the excess charge.
Email me or call 01252 560687 with questions.
- Years in Practice: 20 Years
- Membership: British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy / Accredited Member
- Training: MSc in Psychotherapy and counselling at Surrey University / 2002
- Certificate: British Psychoanalytic Council / accredited practitioner of Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy / 2015
- Anger Management
- Coping Skills
- Emotional Disturbance
- Family Conflict
- Life Transitions
- Women's Issues
- Dissociative Disorders (DID)
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy
- Creative Therapy
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy or DIT
diana Margaret Thomas