The world facing our children and young people today is an extremely complicated one. Dealing with an unpredictable, and at times, chaotic environment, can test our mental and physical systems. The seeds of worry can be sown in a myriad of ways but nearly always ends up with the young person internalising their problems, which then manifest in increasingly problematic ways such as OCD, Tics, Self-Harming, and body image issues. Underlying all of these symptoms is a powerfully negative view of themselves which, if unchecked, can become overwhelming.
My approach to child and adolescent anxiety therapy is first to create an environment in which they feel happy to engage in the process in a meaningful way. Anxiety must be broken down into two key areas, the physical symptoms and the psychological ones. . Training young people to master their minds is a powerful tool with long term benefits.
As a practitioner that has ADHD themselves, I have had overcome all aspects of anxiety and practice the very tools I now teach others. The process of learning to overcome ones challenges needs to be a process we actually enjoy, which is why humour plays an important role in my therapeutic practice.
- Cost per Session: £300 - £500
- Years in Practice: 19 Years
- Certificate: Behavior Analyst Certification Board / Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst
- Training: I have worked as a Behaviour Analyst for almost 20 years / 2004
- Certificate: Institute for Integrative Nutrition / Integrative Nutrition Health Coach / 2017
- Behavioural Issues
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Dual Diagnosis
- Education and Learning Disabilities
- Life Coaching
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Oppositional Defiance (ODD)
- School Issues
- Self Esteem
Types of Therapy
- Applied Behavioural Analysis