Anna Browne is not currently accepting new clients.
I have a particular interest in trauma and how it impacts our nervous system: PTSD and C-PTSD, dissociation, hearing voices, addictive behaviours and coping mechanisms and their link to childhood trauma; 'ACE's' (Adverse Childhood Experiences), and how these affect us as adults. Trauma comes in many forms; obvious, overt ones such as physical or sexual abuse, car accidents, war, disasters etc, and also less obvious or covert forms like emotional abuse or neglect, bullying, or just 'not getting what we need' on an emotional level. I'm a member of ISST-D, a trainee member of UKCP and BCPC, and have specialist trauma training.
Internal Family Systems level 1,2,3, and Working with Psychosis and PA experience - Somatic Experiencing advanced year - Comprehensive Resource Model - Integral Somatic Psychology 1,2,3, pre & peri natal. In progress: TRF Certificate in Traumatic Stress Studies, CFAS Complex Trauma and Dissociation studies certificate, Psychopathology certificate.
At the heart of my work is a belief in the deep value of simply being in a calm, confidential and safe space. I will offer you good humoured warmth and acceptance. Through being heard, allowing feeling and being genuinely 'seen', things get better...
- Years in Practice: 8 Years
- Membership: UK Council for Psychotherapy / Trainee
- Training: Submission stage MA Humanistic & Integrative Psychotherapy BCPC
Additional specialised training in trauma informed modalities: CRM, SE, ISP, IFS. Psychopathology and Trauma and Dissociation.
- Certificate: Somatic Experiencing International / Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (in progress) / 2020
- Certificate: Internal Family Systems / Level 1,2,3 / 2021
- Trauma and PTSD
- Dissociative Disorders (DID)
- Alcohol Use
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality (BPD)
- Developmental Disorders
- Domestic Abuse
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Abuse
- Dual Diagnosis
- Eating Disorders
- Emotional Disturbance
- Sexual Abuse
- Suicidal Ideation
- Trauma, Childhood trauma, CPTSD
- Personality Disorders
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy
- Compassion Focused
- Comprehensive Resource Model (CRM); SE;
- Emotionally Focused
- Integral Somatic Psychology (ISP)
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Transactional Analysis
- Trauma Focused