I am a Swiss-American counselor and certified coach, with 13 years of clinical and teaching experience as a psychotherapist in the USA (www.twinoaksfarm.com). I offer online, in-person, and equine-assisted services in the Geneva-Lausanne region. As a former diplomat, I know what challenges expatriates face, as well as professionals dealing with high-stress - primary responders, humanitarian workers, military personnel, etc. My clinical specialty and passion is helping individuals struggling with anxiety, PTSD, or relationship issues reconnect with their strengths to live a fulfilling, balanced life, in alignment with their values.
I am trained in Ericksonian hypnosis; Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy; Dialectical Behavioral Therapy; Cognitive-Behavioral Equine-Assisted Therapy; Nature-Based therapy; Gestalt; EMDR; Somatic Experiencing; and Rogerian therapy. I am also a certified meditation instructor.
I am a strong believer in strength-based approaches to human suffering. Awareness of one's issues and their causes is important, but not sufficient. Therapy should not turn into an endless exploration of a bottomless rabbit hole. Recovery, growth, and fulfilment occur when we reclaim and put to good use our own inner resources, values, and aspirations.
- Years in Practice: 14 Years
- Degree: Naropa University, Boulder, CO / Graduate School of Psychology
- Training: Mindfulness-informed Counseling Psychology / 2009
Before getting my Psych. MA, I worked around the world as a diplomat, witnessing the power of human resilience in the face of suffering.
- Degree: Université de Genève / License / 1986
- License No. and State: State of Colorado / Licensed Professional Counselor / 2011
- Trauma and PTSD
- Life Transitions
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality (BPD)
- Coping Skills
- Life Coaching
- Men's Issues
- Relationship Issues
- Self Esteem
- Sexual Abuse
- Mood Disorders
I also speak: French, Portuguese and Spanish
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour (DBT)
- Experiential Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
- Positive Psychology
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
- equine-facilitated therapy and coaching