Find a Therapist
Find a Therapist
Find a Psychiatrist
Find a Support Group
Find a Treatment Facility
Ethics and Morality
Law and Crime
Race and Ethnicity
Sport and Competition
Low Sexual Desire
Talk To Someone
Find A Therapist
Listening to Jealousy
If you can resist the urge to smash the china, feeling jealous can actually bring couples closer together.
Give a Gift
Experts by Topic
Find a Therapist
Top 25: November 2013
Check out our top posts of the month, including: the different reasons we kiss, how to treat your (future) self better, and the cloudy science of good and evil.
8. Ghost in the Machine
By Maureen Seaberg
15-year-old Houston synesthete experiencing mirror-touch with machines
1. Yes, Katy Perry’s Performance Was Racist
By Ravi Chandra M.D., F.A.P.A.
Here's why it ignited a firestorm.
3. What’s in a Kiss
By Noam Shpancer Ph.D.
In sexual politics, the kiss is both ambassador and spy.
4. Best Kept Secret of Successful Couples
By Emma M. Seppälä Ph.D.
Tthe impact of romantic style.
12. Why Did Lee Harvey Oswald Kill JFK?
By Stephen A. Diamond Ph.D.
What motivated Oswald to assassinate JFK?
5. Night Owls and Early Risers Have Different Brains
By Michael J Breus Ph.D.
Research finds major differences in the brains of night owls and early risers.
2. Why You Shouldn’t Marry for Love
By Susan Pease Gadoua L.C.S.W.
By raising the bar, have we weakened the institution?
6. Nine Ways to Become Smarter Than You Think
By Jonathan Wai Ph.D.
Better thinking, with or without technology.
9. Seven Ways to Enforce Healthy Boundaries
By Susan Biali M.D.
Strategies to avoid overwhelm and create boundaries that keep you sane
10. The Five Ingredients of an Effective Apology
By Guy Winch Ph.D.
Most apologies don’t work but here's how to fix them
11. Do Good People Turn Evil?
By Adam Grant Ph.D.
We might have drawn the wrong conclusions from the Milgram and Zimbardo studies.
7. Being Considerate Of Your Future Self
By Alex Lickerman M.D.
How thinking of your future self like someone else will improve your decisions
13. The Other Dimension of Sex
By Berit Brogaard D.M.Sci., Ph.D
An intense state of physical and psychological arousal may not equal great sex.
21. The Amazing Effect of Witnessing Acts of Kindness
By Steve Taylor Ph.D.
Why do we have peak experiences when we see people being kind to each other?
14. The Two Best Questions For Your Sex Life
By Ken Page L.C.S.W.
Discovering new portals to more meaningful sex
16. Why Natural Learning Fails in Classrooms
By Peter Gray Ph.D.
When classroom teaching does not mimic natural learning.
17. Confronting the World’s Great Unrecognized Crisis
By Guy P. Harrison
A simple solution to a big problem.
25. Hurting at the Holidays?
By Peg Streep
Coping with your less-than-ideal family during the season of thanks and joy
18. Happy Wife, Happy Life?
By Lian Bloch Ph.D.
Wives’ ability to calm during conflict impacts marital satisfaction.
15. Why Does This Baby Cry When Her Mother Sings?
By Siu-Lan Tan Ph.D.
Communicating emotion through face and melody
19. How Comedians are like Mountain Climbers
By Gil Greengross Ph.D.
The unique personalities of stand-up comedians
22. Why Introverts and Extroverts Attract Each Other
By Linda and Charlie Bloom
Finding someone like yourself may not be such a good idea.
23. When Solitude Becomes Isolation
By Sophia Dembling
Getting out when you start getting weird
24. 6 Signs of Narcissism You May Not Know
By Leon F Seltzer Ph.D.
How can you recognize the fragility behind the narcissist’s grandiosity?
20. The Importance of Allowing Yourself to Relax
By Barton Goldsmith Ph.D.
For the love of a lazy Sunday
5 Signs You're In The Wrong Relationship
10 Things to Try When You’re Feeling Lonely
The Sex Test
Your Brain on Ketones
Why Transgender People Experience More Mental Health Issues