Find a Therapist
Find a Therapist
Find a Psychiatrist
Find a Therapy Group
Find a Treatment Facility
Ethics and Morality
Law and Crime
Race and Ethnicity
Sport and Competition
Low Sexual Desire
Can you manufacture an “aha moment,” or at least improve the odds of having one?
Give a Gift
Experts by Topic
Index of Blogs
Top 25 List: October 2013
Our top posts of the month, including: rules of thumb for keeping your relationships strong, how to dismiss irrational thoughts, and the best methods to achieve your potential.Photo from Shutterstock.
8. The Art of Constructive Self-Criticism
How to learn from your mistakes without beating yourself up.
1. 15 Simple RuIes For a Remarkable Relationship
Coupling up is complicated. The rules for making it work are not.
3. Avoid the 'Fatal Attraction' Effect
How can you keep the flame of attraction alive in your closest relationship?
4. Do You Believe Your Thoughts ?
Byron Katie questions the validity of stressful thoughts.
12. Why the Prison Experiment Isn’t in My Textbook
The results of the Stanford Prison Experiment have a trivial explanation.
5. Immunize Yourself From Rejection
How to be relaxed and authentic on a date.
2. Why Anti-Atheist Bias Hurts
For millions, Oprah confirms negative image of nonbelievers.
6. Why Is Dancing So Good For Your Brain?
Dancers maximize cognitive function and muscle memory through practice.
9. Eye Contact May Be Less Influential Than We Thought
Eye contact can diminish, not increase, influence.
10. Your Social Life Is Not Your Social Media
Social media-induced angst is happening with increasing frequency.
11. How Do You Know What's Good Enough?
Can striving for perfection be freely chosen—not just compulsive behavior?
7. How to Succeed at Whatever You Do
Reach your full potential without apology or fear.
13. Evidence For Evidence-Based Therapies?
Expert clinicians know better than to follow treatment manuals.
21. Fiddler of the Truth
A brief look at pathological lying.
14. Does Studying Economics Breed Greed?
Even thinking about economics can make us less compassionate.
16. Shifting Family Members
When partners leave polyamorous families with children.
17. Lose the Cell Phone Already
The mere presence of mobile devices hurts conversations.
25. How to Avoid Common Memory Mistakes
Prop up memory by overcoming these foibles.
18. The Four Basic Moves to Strengthen Focus
The less distracted we are, the more successful we can be at whatever we do.
15. Things Men Hate to Hear
Even when they like or love us.
19. How to Talk to a Loved One About Their Weight
How do you approach the topic of weight without sounding mean?
22. Five Reasons Why the Red Sox Grew Their Beards
What's behind Boston's hairy superstition?
23. Is Pole Dancing Empowering?
Is gyrating up a pole the path to empowerment?
24. Disciple of the Deep Dark Divine
Remembering Gabrielle Roth.
20. Love Him, Hate His Politics
How a Liberal/Conservative romance endures.
Who Participates in Dog-sporting Events and Why?
The Germanwings Crash, and How We Can Think About It
Eight Ways to Protect Your Marriage from Divorce
Having An Affair? There Are Six Different Kinds
Letting Things Have a Life of Their Own