Find a Therapist
Find a Therapist
Find a Psychiatrist
Find a Therapy Group
Find a Treatment Facility
Ethics and Morality
Law and Crime
Race and Ethnicity
Sport and Competition
Low Sexual Desire
The Voice of Reason
Our inner dialogue is a tool for success
Give a Gift
Experts by Topic
Index of Blogs
Top 25 List: July 2013
Our can't-miss posts from the past month, including: first aid for rejection and disappointment, the surprisingly influential ways we communicate with our hands, and why sex and morality are inextricably linked.
8. What Really Leads to Change
Most life-changing alterations take place in daily life.
1. Ten Surprising Facts About Rejection
How rejections damage our psychological and emotional well-being.
3. Matters of Size
Average penis length, circumference, ranges, and where to go next.
4. The Benefits of Being the One Who Loves More
How to be more loving in your relationship.
12. The Neuroscience of Speaking With Your Hands
Scientists discover why we gesticulate when speaking.
5. Breathing And Your Brain
Deep breathing could be the most powerful brain-management tool we have.
2. The Seven Habits of Emotionally Healthy People
Treat psychological injuries and improve emotional resilience.
6. The Art of Silence
The use of silence can make you powerful and charismatic.
9. Should You Marry Him?
How to avoid marrying your future ex-husband.
10. Do Dogs Learn Faster for Food?
New data explores whether food, petting, or verbal praise is most effective.
11. The Best Job for Introverts Is No Job (In Particular)
Introverts can do any job they choose.
7. The True Story of Zimbardo’s Prison Experiment
Goodness, evil, and the power that may cause both.
13. The Art of Handshaking
We do it often enough — let's do it correctly.
21. Intimate and Inanimate
A brief look at objectum sexuality.
14. Zoo Humans
Abnormal behavior in zoo primates (and humans) could be related to food.
16. Five Principles for Finding a Suitable Match
Expert advice on getting to know yourself and potential partners.
17. Engaging in Work You Love Could Save Your Life
Death by overwork is a real problem.
25. Chatting With an Ex-Pornographer
David Mech: From porn star to author and documentarian
18. Why Does Morality Focus So Much on Sex?
Sex and morality: What's the connection?
15. Don’t Be Intimidated in the Doctor’s Office
Learn how to make the most of the short time you have with your doctor.
19. Rehab as Cause of Death
Do we care that addiction treatment leads so often to death?
22. How Dads Shape Daughters’ Relationships
Dad creates a daughter's conscious and unconscious relationship expectations.
23. Dog Paws and Emotional Differences
Left pawed dogs, like left-handed people, may show more negative emotions.
24. "I Married Beneath Me"
The importance of equality in romantic relationships.
20. Is Sex Addiction Real?
A new study showed the brain's response to pornography is different than drugs.
Five Things NOT to Do to Babies
Three Techniques to Read People
How Big a Problem is Anxiety?
The 5 Asian Love Languages
14 Tips from 14 Years Sick