Find a Therapist
Find a Therapist
Find a Psychiatrist
Find a Support Group
Find a Treatment Facility
Ethics and Morality
Law and Crime
Race and Ethnicity
Sport and Competition
Low Sexual Desire
Talk To Someone
Find A Therapist
Listening to Jealousy
If you can resist the urge to smash the china, feeling jealous can actually bring couples closer together.
Give a Gift
Experts by Topic
Find a Therapist
Top 25 List: December 2012
8. Porn Stars and Evolutionary Psychology
By Scott A. McGreal MSc.
Porn stars may be following unusual but evolved mating strategies.
1. Asperger’s, Autism, and Mass Murder
By John Elder Robison
Let’s stop the rush to judgment.
3. Would You Know Atheist Discrimination If You Saw It?
By David Niose
Many statements seem theological, but actually promote prejudice
4. We're Not Hardwired to Catch Con Artists
By Berit Brogaard D.M.Sci., Ph.D
Why we fall victims to scams and bad sales tricks
12. Foods That Soothe You to Sleep
By Linda Wasmer Andrews
When you eat right, you sleep better, research shows.
5. The Brain's Ability to Look Within: A Secret to Well-Being
By Emma M. Seppälä Ph.D.
Tapping into our ability to turn attention inward empowers and heals.
2. DSM 5 Is a Guide, Not a Bible
By Allen J Frances M.D.
APA approval of DSM-5 is a sad day for psychiatry.
6. Why Too Much Data Disables Your Decision Making
By Ron Friedman Ph.D.
Best known for killing cats, curiosity can also slay your judgment.
9. I Never Want to Have Sex Again
By Laurie J Watson LMFT, LPC
Eight ways to diagnose low libido in a woman
10. Different Types Of Female Orgasm: The Debate Continues
By Kristen Mark, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Recent research adds further evidence to the contentious female orgasm debate.
11. How to Be Disrespectful Respectfully
By Jeremy E Sherman Ph.D.
Seven strange secrets to showing maximum respect.
7. Eleven Dogmas of Analytic Philosophy
By Paul Thagard Ph.D.
Natural philosophy uses scientific evidence, not intuitions.
13. Delaying Parenthood May Come at a Cost
By Robin Marantz Henig
Our great natural experiment in late parenthood might yield some harsh surprises
21. What is the Passion in Passionate Love?
By Susan Krauss Whitbourne Ph.D.
Does—and should—passion matter for long-term relationship happiness?
14. Who Are You?
By Matt James Ph.D.
Whoever you think you are, you’re more than that.
16. Survival Mode and Evolutionary Mismatch
By John Montgomery Ph.D.
Environments ill-suited to our biology often trigger stress and pain.
17. Ten Ways Your Brain Is Smacking You Around
By David DiSalvo
Sometimes it seems like your brain just isn't on your side.
25. The Loss of Passion In Marriage
By Sonja Lyubomirsky Ph.D.
... and when you can expect it to return.
18. How Deep Is Your Sexual Desire?
By Aaron Ben-Zeév Ph.D.
Explaining superficial casual sex
15. This Is Your Brain On Holiday Shopping
By Kit Yarrow Ph.D.
When you're shopping, you're the subject of a multi-pronged sensory campaign.
19. Skills You'll Need to Beat Anxiety
By Alice Boyes Ph.D.
Five essential skills for overcoming anxiety and getting on with a happy life
22. Five Tips to Becoming a Killer Scientist Who Changes the World
By Todd B. Kashdan Ph.D.
And enjoys life on the journey
23. How Intimate Relationships Fail
By Randi Gunther Ph.D.
How to identify those warning signs and put your relationship back on track
24. Mirror Neurons: The Most Hyped Concept in Neuroscience?
By Christian Jarrett Ph.D
Mirror neurons are fascinating but they aren’t the answer to what makes us human
20. Can't Think of a Good Holiday Gift? Give a Bad One
By Susan Newman Ph.D.
The proliferation of gift cards says something about us as a culture.
Aging's Sexual Silver Lining: How Sex Improves After 50
5 Signs You're In The Wrong Relationship
Criminals Look Different From Noncriminals
13 Amazing Books to Devour
Parenting Matters, Especially for “Difficult” Kids