Find a Therapist
Find a Therapist
Find a Psychiatrist
Find a Therapy Group
Find a Treatment Facility
Ethics and Morality
Law and Crime
Race and Ethnicity
Sport and Competition
Low Sexual Desire
Can you manufacture an “aha moment,” or at least improve the odds of having one?
Give a Gift
Experts by Topic
Index of Blogs
Top 25 List: December 2012
Here's a look at the most popular reads of the month.
8. Porn Stars and Evolutionary Psychology
Porn stars may be following unusual but evolved mating strategies.
1. Asperger’s, Autism, and Mass Murder
Let’s stop the rush to judgment.
3. Would You Know Atheist Discrimination If You Saw It?
Many statements seem theological, but actually promote prejudice
4. We're Not Hardwired to Catch Con Artists
Why we fall victims to scams and bad sales tricks
12. Foods That Soothe You to Sleep
When you eat right, you sleep better, research shows.
5. The Brain's Ability to Look Within: A Secret to Well-Being
Tapping into our ability to turn attention inward empowers and heals.
2. DSM 5 Is a Guide, Not a Bible
APA approval of DSM-5 is a sad day for psychiatry.
6. Why Too Much Data Disables Your Decision Making
Best known for killing cats, curiosity can also slay your judgment.
9. I Never Want to Have Sex Again
Eight ways to diagnose low libido in a woman
10. Different Types Of Female Orgasm: The Debate Continues
Recent research adds further evidence to the contentious female orgasm debate.
11. How to Be Disrespectful Respectfully
Seven strange secrets to showing maximum respect.
7. Eleven Dogmas of Analytic Philosophy
Natural philosophy uses scientific evidence, not intuitions.
13. Delaying Parenthood May Come at a Cost
Our great natural experiment in late parenthood might yield some harsh surprises
21. What is the Passion in Passionate Love?
Does—and should—passion matter for long-term relationship happiness?
14. Who Are You?
Whoever you think you are, you’re more than that.
16. Survival Mode and Evolutionary Mismatch
Environments ill-suited to our biology often trigger stress and pain.
17. Ten Ways Your Brain Is Smacking You Around
Sometimes it seems like your brain just isn't on your side.
25. The Loss of Passion In Marriage
... and when you can expect it to return.
18. How Deep Is Your Sexual Desire?
Explaining superficial casual sex
15. This Is Your Brain On Holiday Shopping
When you're shopping, you're the subject of a multi-pronged sensory campaign.
19. Skills You'll Need to Beat Anxiety
Five essential skills for overcoming anxiety and getting on with a happy life
22. Five Tips to Becoming a Killer Scientist Who Changes the World
And enjoys life on the journey
23. How Intimate Relationships Fail
How to identify those warning signs and put your relationship back on track
24. Mirror Neurons: The Most Hyped Concept in Neuroscience?
Mirror neurons are fascinating but they aren’t the answer to what makes us human
20. Can't Think of a Good Holiday Gift? Give a Bad One
The proliferation of gift cards says something about us as a culture.
The Most Powerful Law of Attraction
The Germanwings Crash, and How We Can Think About It
Awkward! 10 Ways Social Life Gets Really Uncomfortable
Eight Ways to Protect Your Marriage from Divorce
Having An Affair? There Are Six Different Kinds