I have a PhD in Counselling Psychology from UBC, and I have worked as a counsellor for over ten years in private practice. I have also worked for the Vancouver School Board and SFU. I have experience working with individuals on a wide range of concerns such as: self-worth; anxiety and depression; shame; grief/loss; identity concerns (e.g., related to sexual orientation and/or gender identity); life transitions; cross-cultural issues; deep existential concerns, such as aging, uncertainty, isolation, and meaning. Please note: In 2020, my practice went fully online, and I am now only seeing clients through a secure video platform.
I offer a safe space where you can truly feel heard with compassion and without judgment. I am integrative and client-centered in my approach to counselling, and draw heavily on Existential-Humanistic and Relational-Cultural theory. I also employ more contemporary approaches such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy to help clients face their concerns.
Counselling is about finding the relational fit that is right for you. My job is to help you to feel safe and comfortable so that I can walk alongside you as we address your concerns. It's tough to take that first step, and it might feel like nothing will help you (I've been there). Feel free to contact me with any concerns. More info at www.davemunro.net.
- Session Fee: $150 per session
- Sliding Scale: Yes
Pay By: ACH Bank transfer
Check if you have coverage for Reg Clinical Counsellors (BC), Reg Psychotherapist (ON), or Certified Canadian Counsellors (Canada-wide).
Email me or call (778) 654-2067 with questions.
- Years in Practice: 10 Years
- Licence: British Columbia / 5543
- Please note: Licence province differs from primary location province.
- School: University of British Columbia
- Year Graduated: 2012
I have a PhD in Counselling Psychology (UBC), a Master's in Counselling Psyc (UBC) and a Master's in Special Education (Macquarie).
- Licence No. and Province: Certified Canadian Counsellor 10006217 Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Licence No. and Province: Registered Psychotherapist 11197 College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Self Esteem
- Identity; Self-Worth; Loss
- Life Transitions
- Relationship Issues
- Shyness; Social Anxiety
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Culturally Sensitive
- Emotionally Focused