Registered Psychotherapist, MSc, RP, CCC
I am a Registered Psychotherapist specializing in gender identity. My practice is focused on working therapeutically with trans* and gender questioning individuals. This includes working with adults and gender-creative/independent children and teens, as well as their parents to help navigate a potential social and medical transition, while keeping the client's best interests in mind. My goals are to help you develop a greater self-understanding and to provide the mental health tools necessary to support you in piloting you own journey toward living as your authentic self. I also provide psychotherapy related to sexuality, mood and anxiety.
Other services I offer include: information sessions for parents regarding childhood gender creativity, workshops/seminars on working optimally with trans* clients and navigating gender independence in the school system, talks to school staff regarding your child's gender identity and expression with emphasis on providing guidance and recommendations, and consultation.
My formal training is in Clinical Psychology from Western University where I obtained a Master of Science degree followed by four years of doctoral-level studies in comprehensive assessments and evidence-based psychotherapy. A free 15 minute phone consultation is available for all prospective clients. Self-referral via email welcomed.
- School: MSc Clinical Psychology, Univ. of Western Ontario
- Year Graduated: 2010
- License No. and State: 003330 Ontario
- Avg Cost (per session): $120+
- Accepts Insurance: Yes
Accepted Payment Methods: Cash, Check
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Please check with your insurance provider
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Certificate: Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association / Canadian Certified Counsellor
- Certificate Date: 2014
- Degree: University of Western Ontario / BA (Honours) Psychology
- Year graduated: 2007
- Sex Therapy
- Childhood Gender Creativity/Independence
- Coping Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Relationship Issues
- Self Esteem
- Mood Disorders
- Children (6 to 10)
- Preteens / Tweens (11 to 13)
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
- Transgender Clients
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing