I completed my Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Stony Brook University, New York, and have extensive training in evidence-based treatments for a wide range of mental health disorders. I have experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds, and offer short- and long-term psychotherapy for individuals with concerns such as anxiety, OCD, trauma, interpersonal problems, and depression. Prior to coming to Toronto, I worked as a Clinical Psychologist in New York where I continue to hold licensure.
I primarily use Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), and integrate elements of other evidence-based treatments like Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT). Evidence-based treatments are those that have been shown to be effective through scientific research.
Through building a supportive and compassionate therapeutic relationship in collaboration with clients, I help identify their concerns, set specific goals, develop a treatment plan to fit their needs, and gain insight and skills to manage and reduce their symptoms.
- Session Fee: $225 per session
Pay By: Cash, Mastercard, Visa
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Beneva | SSQ
- Blue Cross
- Canada Life | Great-West Life
- Green Shield Canada
- iA Financial Group
All plans covering psychologist services are accepted. Direct billing accepted for plans that offer it.
Email me or call (647) 559-3460 with questions.
- Years in Practice: 4 Years
- Prelicense: Ontario / 10006455
- School: Stony Brook University
- Supervisor: Dr. Nelson Byrne
- Supervisor Licence: Ontario / 4677
I was previously licensed as a Clinical Psychologist in the state of New York prior to making the Greater Toronto Area my new home.
- Licence No. and Province: 023654 New York State Board for Psychology
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Trauma and PTSD
- Borderline Personality (BPD)
- Self Esteem
- Sleep or Insomnia
- Weight Loss
- Mood Disorders
I also speak: Hindi
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Cognitive Processing (CPT)
- Dialectical Behavior (DBT)
- Exposure Response Prevention (ERP)
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
Dr. Amri Sabharwal