The moon is beginning to approach the glorious colors of September and October that many might recall from an old movie called Moonstruck. As I watched the eclipse and thought of the harvest moon, I was reminded of this earlier column and quotes from the author of "Love" Dr. Leo Buscaglia.
15 ways to take a stand on love in September
1. Say to your love when you awake in the morning: "What can I do for you today that will make your life easier and less stressful?" Then do it.
2. Go to an outdoor concert and kiss each other in public.
3. Write a love note - a real love note and send it via the US Mail. Here's a simple start: "I love you for a million reasons, here are the top three."
4. Send flowers to his or her office for no reason other than to say "I love you."
5. Set aside time to give the gift of listening. Make a date if you must, in your own home or at a quiet little place in the neighborhood for coffee or a drink and just listen to each others thoughts.
6. Remember when he or she says, "I wish I had one of those" and then, if it's affordable - buy it for no reason other than to say, "I love you."
7. Find a picture of the two of you smiling happily, frame it or put it up on the frig with a note that says, "I love to see us happy."
8. Serve breakfast in bed - champagne, crumpets, and strawberry jam.
9. Leave a single rose on the bed or chocolates under the pillows - as they do in grand hotels.
10. Find a funny - laugh out loud - card and mail it.
11. Jump in puddles after a rainstorm - it will trigger oxytocin, the love hormone!
12. Go to a mushy movie, sit in the back row and touch each other and kiss wildly.
13. Relish September breezes and take a long walk hand-in-hand.
14. Leave a love note on the bathroom mirror.
15. Learn what men want you to know about them: 18 secrets men want you to know pictures slideshow - MedicineNet
What are the advantages of bringing romance into your life?
Copyright 2012 Rita Watson/ All Rights Reserved