How does one cope with any situation rife with uncertainty, where the only solution is resolution of the problem? Those in an infertility struggle are in this exact situation. Anxiety can continue to mount unmercifully. The only relief comes from learning coping techniques which are less about problem-solving and more about letting-go. Of the letting-go approaches, hypnosis ranks at the top.
The positive reputation of hypnosis for infertility is spreading. Many patients are seeking out this service from a licensed, hypnotically trained mental health professional or are learning self-hypnosis.
Below are a dozen reasons for you to investigate this approach:
1. Hypnosis at the time of embryo transfer yielded pregnancy rates that were double those of the controls. (Eliahu Levitas, et al., “Impact of Hypnosis during Embryo Transfer on the Outcome of In Vitro Fertilization—Embryo Transfer: A Case-control Study,” Fertility & Sterility, 85 – 5 (2006): 1404 – 1408.
2. Hypnosis can be an ultimate mind/body awareness activity and can reaffirm your femininity.
3. Hypnosis or self-hypnosis allows you to feel back in control because of your active participation.
4. Post-hypnotic suggestions can enhance receptivity.
5. Hypnosis can take you under the turbulence to an “infertility-free zone.”
6. Hypnosis can support medical treatment, holistic care and even natural conception.
7. Hypnosis is relaxing.
8. Hypnosis can calm fears.
9. Hypnosis can heal heart ache.
10. Hypnosis can become a safe haven which is renewing and revitalizing.
11. Hypnosis can help you remember who you really are.
12. A hypnotic trance can convert stumbling blocks into building blocks for navigating the emotional rubble created during the journey.