One of my hardest working patients, who prefers I call her Vivster here, authored 8 food plan commandments. Vivster and I hope others will find them inspiring and helpful. We’d like to come up with 10 commandments so we invite you to submit suggestions. Vivster wanted her commandments decorated with happy faces. I hope she likes what I chose.
Food Plan Commandments
1) Thou Shall Not Skip Meals
2) Thou Shall Follow Thy Food Plan Accordingly
3) Thou Shall Not Have Distractions Such As Computer Games Or Other Excuses Before Food Plan
4) Thou Shall Eat Every Bite To Win Thy Fight
5) Thou Shall Trust Thy Support/Treatment Team
6) Thou Shall Not Let ED Come Before Recovery
7) Thou Shall Find Meaningful And Healthful Ways To Cope With Feelings, Thoughts And Emotions
8) Thou Shall Celebrate Health And Success
Nutritionist Marcia Herrin and Nancy Matsumoto, co-authors of The Parent’s Guide to Eating Disorders, Gūrze Books, Marcia is also author of the recently published Nutrition Counseling in the Treatment of Eating Disorders (Routledge, December 2012).
Copyrighted by Marcia Herrin and Nancy Matsumoto.