3. Despite often thrumming with anxiety about her own life, she offers deep calm in yours.
4. She does lifecycle events like nobody else:
5. She makes the most creative, poignant 10-goodie bags for you to open – one each day – if you ever drive across the country on a horrifying family vacation. This means that each morning you have five minutes of guaranteed joy because she packed you a handmade craft for every damn day, wrapped them gently, placed them carefully into a paper bag and sent you on your way.
6. She will send you a poem for every single day of the last month of your pregnancy. Who does that?
10. She is a visionary director of everything – theater, birthday teas.
11. She will give you a Macy’s Day Birthday Parade of your best qualities, complete with a full orchestra of percussive squash – just because you asked.
12. She seeks.
13. She and her family are the loveliest folks to spend time with.
14. No matter the dire circumstance, she will always make time to note if you are wearing an excellent outfit.
15. Her home is always beautiful, comforting, cozy, inviting, stunningly appointed and full of love.
16. She is a thoughtful, loving, searching, loyal, empathic mother and life partner.
17. She is super fun to go on walks with because she points out the Japanese Maple trees and various flora with a deep sense of being present and grateful. She learned this from her mother.
18. It’s okay that she’s controlling because she’s always right.
19. She is an active, deep listener.
20. Her mind and advice are sharp and loving.
21. She does not judge; despite a person’s best efforts to make her.
22. She does not judge terribly judgmental friends.
23. She shares well.
24. She appreciates her family and friends and shares her appreciation through multi-formatted writing and crafts.
25. If you’ve known her long enough, I mean really, really long enough, she’ll preface saucy observation with: “Well, I remember sitting back stage with you in high school and you said the very same thing.”
26. She is saucy.
27. She knows how to celebrate.
28. She is a seeker.
29. Being around her - especially if you’re sitting on her couch but not necessary for this point – is incredibly comforting.
30. She’s always got some fabulous show you can go see.
31. She always comps your tickets.
32. She is not above the gory details – though she comports herself as if she were.