Andrea is an experienced, compassionate and empathetic social worker who is passionate about supporting women, children and adolescents to live their lives in the most fulfilling way possible. At The Horse's Heartbeat, we work with individuals and groups, together with our beautiful horses and ponies. We offer innovative, experiential and relational programs to support clients to become aware, relaxed, and able to step into their best life.
Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP) and Equine Assisted Learning (EAL) are types of experiential horse interactions where horses play an active role in the therapeutic and/or learning process. They offer the opportunity for participants to learn about themselves and others through activities with horses.
Andrea is passionate about providing a safe, non-judgmental space. This space helps people to heal and grow through genuine connections and relationship. The horses provide a powerful presence as people explore and heal important elements of their lives. Come and share the experience of spending time with our horses while working on what's important to you.
- Session Fee: $180 per session
Pay By: Bank transfer, Cash, Electronic Funds Transfer
Accepted Insurance Plans
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Years in Practice: 23 Years
- Membership: Australian Association of Social Workers / Member
- Training: Social Work / 2000
I am an experienced social worker, combined with certifications in Equine Assisted Therapy and Equine Assisted Learning.
- Certificate: The Equine Psychotherapy Institute / Equine Assisted Psychotherapy Practitioner / 2022
- Certificate: Equine Connection - The Academy of Equine Assisted Learning / Equine Assisted Learning Practitioner / 2021
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Coping Skills
- Education and Learning Disabilities
- Life Transitions
- Peer Relationships
- Relationship Issues
- Self Esteem
- Trauma and PTSD
- Women's Issues
- Elders (65+)
- Children (6 to 10)
Types of Therapy
- Culturally Sensitive
The Horse's Heartbeat