Hi, I’m Marit. I am a black woman from Melbourne. My mother is Indian-Singaporean and my father was Ethiopian. I have a unique insight growing up in a Western culture with both South-Asian and East-African influences. As a black woman, I am curious about navigating identity, culture and race; and have an understanding about being impacted by marginalisation and experiences of racism while living in a predominantly white society. As a therapist, I can support you with exploring your identity, responding to racism, and becoming self-defining.
Liberation Counselling is online therapy for Black, Indigenous & People of Colour (BIPOC) living in Australia. Marit can support you with: exploring cultural identity, exploring multi-ethnicity, exploring internalised racism and oppression, exploring pride in self and community, responding to racism, and managing workplace systemic racism.
Together we will build a trusting relationship. You will be seen and heard without judgement. In our safe space, you can share your fears, difficult emotions, past experiences, memories, and current problems. It is my honour to support you as we explore your unique life, challenges, and resources to uncover answers for your healing and growth - together.
- Session Fee: $130 per session
Pay By: Mastercard, Visa
- Years in Practice: 1 Year
- Membership: Australian Counselling Association / Level 1 Member
- Training: University of New England / 2021
- Degree: Curtin University / Bachelor of Social Sciences / 2005
- Certificate: National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioural Medicine / Treating Racial Trauma: Strategies for Working with the Wounds of Racism / 2022
- Racial Identity
- Self Esteem
- Responding to racism
Ethnicity: Other Racial or Ethnic Background
- Racial Justice Allied
Types of Therapy
- Emotionally Focused
- Trauma Focused