These feelings at midlife can occur naturally or result from some significant loss or change—such as divorce or the death of a parent. Coming to terms with such loss or change can be difficult enough, but when it is complicated by midlife transition, the process can feel bewildering and overwhelming.
Mid-Life. Last reviewed 01/15/2010
- Death and the Mid-life Crisis
- Psychological Types (Collected Works of C.G. Jung, Volume 6)
- MBTI Manual (A Guide to the Development and Use of the Myers Briggs Type Indicator)
- Handbook of Midlife Development
- National Institute of Mental Health
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services - The President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports.
- Stress, coping, and health at midlife: a developmental perspective