- Find a Therapist
- Topic Streams
- Get Help
RelationshipsLow Sexual Desire
Recently Diagnosed?Diagnosis Dictionary
- Psych Basics
The American Way
- American Cheese
The big grin has become America’s default facial expression—but the irony is that all the smiling going on may be wrecking our emotional health.
- Americans' Inner Puritans
The U.S. may still be a Puritan nation.
- The American Nightmare
We have everything the American Dream prescribed. So why aren't we happy?
- How Do Americans Perceive One Another?
How has American history and dualism affected how we see one another?
- Of Brainiacs and Billionaires
The biggest brains will increasingly set the country's course and become top earners in the process.
- The End of Religion? Been to America Lately?
Religion may be out, but America is being led around by Christians.
- We Hold These Truths to be Self-Evident
A personal declaration of independence from my brain.
- Bad King George! Why Leaders Hope We Trust Them
Independence Day, cookouts, beer swilling neighbors, and trust in our leaders.
- American Racism: The Health Outcomes of a Racist Society
Institutional racism kills people, literally, but change is possible.
- Forging a More Successful Multicultural America - Ron Takaki and Asian American Leadership
Vincent Chin Case Awakened Many Asian Americans
- Resilience and…Giving of Yourself to Others
Often the path to resilience is to focus on giving to others
- Financial status of highly-educated early-career women
The financial status and well-being of highly-educated women
- Ideas, National Security, & America’s Psyche
Thoughts for the Fourth
- Can Captain America Show Us How to Be More Cosmopolitan?
As Cap says, "To truly honor the country... you must honor the world."
- What Kinds of People Start Businesses?
People with the personality profile to be entrepreneurs cluster in regions.
- Every Day Is Independence Day, and Interdependence Day
One out of many: Balancing the seesaw of independence and intimacy
- Why Did Superman Renounce His U.S. Citizenship?
Do superheroes owe allegiance to just one country?
- Culture Shock: Spain Versus America
Are Americans and Spaniards psychologically different?
- Oh, Say, Can You See?
A story of pride, compassion, and positive youth development.
- Patriotism: Virtue or Sin?
Is patriotism good or bad? Or is it neither?
- Does Politics Matter When It Comes to Loving Cats or Dogs?
Liberals and conservatives have different feelings toward cats and dogs.
- Americans’ Cheating Hearts: Results from Decades of Research
Do you know what scientists do about infidelity?
- 4 Common Misconceptions About the Bill of Rights
Four essential points about the Bill of Rights that many Americans get wrong
- Why We Overspend With Credit
Both emotional and cognitive forces stimulate overspending with credit.
- What's Fair? Two Views of Government
American political parties reflect differing family system perspectives.
- Example is the Only Way to Influence Others
Whether you intend to or not, you lead by example
- Cult of Clean
We've become a nation of grime fighters, and there's growing evidence that we're sacrificing our safety and our sanity to sanitization.
- The Best Cure For Fear? A Little More Trust
Five ways to come together after senseless acts of violence.
119 Ways to Peeve Your Loverby Dr. Jeremy E. Sherman
2Three Strategies to Get (and Stay) Inspiredby Sherrie Bourg Carter, Psy.D.
3Mastering the Delicate Art of Responding to Complimentsby Susan Krauss Whitbourne, Ph.D.
4What's the Best Way to Communicate With Your Partner?by Joseph Nowinski, Ph.D.
5What Sitting Does to Your Psycheby Linda Wasmer Andrews
1Three Strategies to Get (and Stay) Inspiredby Sherrie Bourg Carter, Psy.D.
2What Sitting Does to Your Psycheby Linda Wasmer Andrews
3What's the Best Way to Communicate With Your Partner?by Joseph Nowinski, Ph.D.
4When Relationships Are Based on Manipulationby Margalis Fjelstad, Ph.D., LMFT
519 Ways to Peeve Your Loverby Dr. Jeremy E. Sherman