- Find a Therapist
- Topic Streams
- Get Help
RelationshipsLow Sexual Desire
Recently Diagnosed?Diagnosis Dictionary
- Psych Basics
The Upside of Forgetting
- Why We Need To Forget
Because forgetting helps you remember. (Image via Shutterstock.)
- Forgetting the Past for a Better Future
Would you want a drug that would wipe out your trauma memories? (Image via Shutterstock.)
- The (Un)bearable Lightness of Memory
Is forgetting as bad as we think?
- What If You Could Never Forget?
Haunted forever by the past.
- Sleep: It Does a Memory Good
The most important time for your memory may be when you are unconscious.
- Everything You Thought You Knew About Learning Is Wrong
How, and how NOT, to learn anything
- The Past: Don't Dwell on It, Revision It! Part 1
You "loiter" in the past at your own peril.
- Release the Past So You Don't Get Stuck in Groundhog Day
Why We Keep Repeating Old Patterns and How We Can Change
- The Neuroscience of Regret
How our brains learn to let go of regret as we age — and why some people don't
- Memories Lodged in a Broken Brain
Post-brain-attack, an author finds way to make sense of his life.
- Letting Go of What You Cannot Change
Choosing to turn what you cannot change into contentment in the moment.
- Life Transitions: Juggling Past, Present, Future
Transitioning from travel in Vietnam to an up-coming move to California.
- Camille Noe Pagán: The Art of Forgetting
How much of our memories is just wishful thinking?