- Find a Therapist
- Topic Streams
- Get Help
RelationshipsLow Sexual Desire
Recently Diagnosed?Diagnosis Dictionary
- Psych Basics
- What Do Animals Feel?
Joy, despair, love—how they connect us to the rest of the animal kingdom. (Photo via Shutterstock)
- Animal Emotions
Humans aren't the only emotional beings.
- Can Your Dog Read Your Mind?
Dogs observe human behavior in order to understand our thoughts.
- Emotions Gone Wild
How wild animals show grief at death and joy at birth.
- What Brain Scans Reveal
How the crow brain assesses dangerous situations.
- Animal Leaders
How the one in charge can affect moral culture.
- Are Chimpanzees Self-Aware?
Can we tell if animals are conscious?
- Dogs Don't Remember:
Episodic memory may distinguish humans.
- Unauthorized Entry?
How to train your neighbors' dog—on the sly
- How Emotionally Attached Are You to Your Pet?
10 ways to measure the role of pets in your life
- Dogs Learn by Modeling the Behavior of Other Dogs
Where human prompting may fail to teach a puppy, another dog can help.
- Gay animals
Gay animals imply homosexuality is natural
- Why We Love Our Pets: They're Just Like Us!
Are rottweiler owners really more hostile and other suburban legends unmasked
- Life Lessons From My Cat
The problem was I had been following the Golden Rule
- Do Dogs Have a “Mind’s Eye?”
Can We Communicate With Dogs Using Mental Images?
- Sexy Bees and Their Dream Houses
See nature as those who love it (and write about it) do.
- What's With the Cat, and Other Questions about Singles and Their Pets
A pet is not "compensation" for not having a spouse.
- How a Pet Can Sharpen Your Mindfulness Skills
My hound dog helps me live in the present moment.
- 7 Surprising Facts About Animals (And Us)
Having fur doesn't preclude being moral.
- Animals Can Be Ambassadors For Forgiveness, Generosity, Peace, Trust, and Hope
Animals are generous and forgiving beings
1The Real Reason Children (and Adults) Hate their Stepmothersby Wednesday Martin, Ph.D.
2Commitment and Members of the Opposite Sexby Barton Goldsmith, Ph.D.
3Intelligence, Creativity and Maniaby Dr. Eric R. Maisel, Ph.D.
4Breathless: When Everything Is Just a Blurby Dr. Julie J. Exline, Ph.D.
5Making Terrible Mistakes at Work.by Fredric Neuman, M.D.