- Find a Therapist
- Topic Streams
- Get Help
RelationshipsLow Sexual Desire
Recently Diagnosed?Diagnosis Dictionary
- Psych Basics
- A Nation of Wimps
Parents today go to ludicrous lengths to take the bumps out of life for their kids. That may be why they're breaking down when they leave home for college.
- If "Grown" Kids Boomerang Home To Stay
Parenting last stage adolescents who come home to stay
- Independence, One Step at a Time
Fostering a relationship that will sustain both of you for a lifetime
- Amy Chua: Circus Trainer or Tiger Mother?
Real tiger mothers let their cubs learn through play.
- Compassionate Parenting
Still having Tiger Mom nightmares?
- eParenting: Setting limits even if your kids know more than you do
How to be a good eParent
- The Best Way to Love Your Kids
Indulgence is creating a nation of wimps.
- Mental Karate for Kids
Helping kids live healthy, happy, lives
- The Enemy of Contemplation
Learning is easy; it's the remembering part that's the hard
- Holding Tough Dilemmas Together – Part 2
We can create workable partnerships with teenagers on tough issues.
- How Empathic Parenting is the Antithesis of Narcissism
Empathy is the cornerstone for love
- How Much Television is Too Much? Science Weighs In
Should Parents Worry About Television?
- 5 Steps for Moving Past Surface Behaviors and Understanding What's Really Bugging Our Kids
Does your child take his anger out on you when you aren't the rightful target?
- Empty Nest
"Will your child boomerang back?"
- Creative Kids (Part 2): 7 Ways to Teach Flow
Kids can be taught how to use flow to be creative.
- The Nurture Tightrope: Can Parents Love Too Much?
Overprotecting our children can be perilous.
- Motherhood: The Invisible Profession
The hardest job I've ever had is being a mother.
- What happens when we're rejected and ostracized by strangers?
How does rejection render us invisible and meaningless?
- Is Community The Third Dimension of Life?
The importance of work, family, and community in leading a meaningful life.
- When the empty nest isn't empty anymore
Boomerang kids: Do you know what your parents are up to when you're not home?
- Like Daughter Like Mother: Are Copycat Moms Seeking Eternal Youth?
Is envy of the young driving you to try to look like one of them?
- Anger at Our Children
Children are supposed to make us feel inadequate.
- The 11 Best Mother's Day Quotes
Inspiration & Celebration of the Parenting Bond
- Without You, Dad, I Wouldn't Be the Person I Am Today
Have we underestimated the importance of fathers for children's wellbeing?
- Are You a Perfect, Too Good, or Good Enough Parent?
If perfect parents ever lived, I pity their children.
- Is it Weird or Is it Wrong?*
Learning grammar at age 45 (finally).
- 3 Things Not to Do for Raising a Smart Kid
Good parents allow their kids time and mental space.
- How a Bully Is Made
My sweet once shy boy had turned into a monster.
- Develop Your Kids Into Leaders: What to Do and When
Age appropriate leadership tasks for kids.
- Spoiled, Risk Adverse, Cheaters, and Insecure to Boot: Why We Need to Stop (Over)Praising Our Kids
Our kids are sorely lacking true self-esteem.
- They Moved the Center
Did the SAT get harder or have we been dumbed down?
- Stepfamily Success
Creating a stepfamily is a challenge: 5 common mistakes to avoid
- Unsolicited Advice: I Hate It, You Hate It, and So Do Your Kids
Why do we especially dislike unsolicited advice from loved ones?
- How to Advise and Help Your Kids Without Driving Them (or Yourself) Crazy
Guidelines for really helping, not pestering, your kids.
- When Parents Make Children Their Friend or Spouse
My mother, my mate
1Why French Kids Don't Have ADHDby Marilyn Wedge, Ph.D.
2What Learning Cursive Does for Your Brainby William R. Klemm, D.V.M, Ph.D.
3Do Racism, Conservatism, and Low I.Q. Go Hand in Hand?by Goal Auzeen Saedi, Ph.D.
4Don't Call Me Neurotic (Unless I Am)by Sophia Dembling
5The 1-Minute Trick to Negotiating Like a Bossby Heidi Grant Halvorson, Ph.D.
1What Learning Cursive Does for Your Brainby William R. Klemm, D.V.M, Ph.D.
2Why French Kids Don't Have ADHDby Marilyn Wedge, Ph.D.
3Friends with Benefitsby Aaron Ben-Zeév, Ph.D.
4The 1-Minute Trick to Negotiating Like a Bossby Heidi Grant Halvorson, Ph.D.
5Divorce's Enablersby Ian R. Dowbiggin, Ph.D.