- Find a Therapist
- Topic Streams
- Get Help
RelationshipsLow Sexual Desire
Recently Diagnosed?Diagnosis Dictionary
- Psych Basics
Animals Are People Too, You Know
- 7 Surprising Facts About Animals (And Us)
Having fur doesn't preclude being moral.
- Singles and Their Pets: What's With the Cat?
A pet is not compensation for not having a spouse.
- Fido Is Not Just the Pet
Can changing the language change people's attitudes about animals?
- Can Dogs Do Math?
Dogs may have a primitive ability to add and subtract.
- Fool at the Dinner Party
Some people will do anything to have the last word in an argument
- A Tale of Two Dolphins
Learning to shape our creative selves
- Dolphin Sexuality
Why shrink from sharks: Is it love, infatuation, or cheating?
- The Canine-Human Bond: How to Deal With a Narcissistic Dog
Is Your Dog a Narcissist? Look In the Mirror!
- Doggerel: About a Dog
I offered to buy them a rat instead.
- Dogs and Autism: Why I Don't Think I'll Read Cowboy and Wills
How special pets help children with special needs.
- If He Has a Dog, Will He Be a Better Husband?
A cartoon about how to use animals to find the good guys.
- Why dogs are so different from wolves
Humans created dogs in their own image.
- Animal Minds and the Foible of Human Exceptionalism
Let's replace human exceptionalism with species exceptionalism
- How a Pet Can Sharpen Your Mindfulness Skills
My hound dog helps me live in the present moment.
- Of Oscars, Orangutans & Oxytocin, Friendship Tales
From humans to fruit bats, you gotta have girlfriends
- How Do You Stop Your Dog From Humping?
Is This Odd Behavior a Sign of Dominance or a Symptom of Frustration?
- What Matters?
Environmental Ethics and the World in 2050
- Judging the Sin By Judging the Sinner
Harming a person versus harming a pet
- The Anatomy of Animal Madness
Is it method or madness that drives animals crazy?
- What They Don't Tell You About "Therapy" Dogs
Is that dog providing assistance or driving you to therapy?
- Carol Gilligan's 'In a Different Voice' Revisited: On Gender and Morality
Are gender stereotypes always wrong? Ask the elephants
- Unified Dog Theory XX: The Joy of Biting Things That Can't Bite Back
Dogs Experience the World Primarily Through Feelings of Tension and Release
- Alphas Hog Reproductive Opportunity - It’s Still the Same Old Story
Mammals seek power because sex is the reward.
- Why Do Most Vegetarians Go Back To Eating Meat?
For most people, vegetarianism is temporary phase. Why?
2Relationships that are especially prone to love blindnessby Dr. Shauna H. Springer
3Confessions of a Sociopathby M.E. Thomas
4This Is Your Brain on Meditationby Rebecca Gladding, M.D.
5The Rare Truth about "Tight" and "Loose" Womenby Michael Castleman, M.A.
1Why French Kids Don't Have ADHDby Marilyn Wedge, Ph.D.
2Are You with the Right Mate?by Rebecca Webber
3What's New (and Old) in the DSM-5 Personality Disordersby Susan Krauss Whitbourne, Ph.D.
4Dealing with Negative Peopleby Raj Raghunathan, Ph.D.
5This Is Your Brain on Meditationby Rebecca Gladding, M.D.