No wonder most people struggle with losing weight and keeping it off. No one ever taught them how. It’s not just a matter of willpower and a healthy eating plan. To be successful, you have to learn a set of cognitive (thinking) and behavioral skills, that, I predict, you’ve never learned, much less mastered.
For example, I would bet that you don’t know the precise steps to:
- motivate yourself every day
- get yourself to use good eating habits consistently, even when you don’t want to
- cope with hunger, craving, and the desire to eat
- get back on track immediately when you make a mistake
- deal with feelings of unfairness, deprivation, discouragement, and disappointment
- handle restaurant and special event meals
- deal with people who push you to eat food you’re not supposed to.
I’ll cover these skills and more in this blog. To reinforce these skills and learn more, you can read The Beck Diet Solution book and workbook and The Complete Beck Diet for Life. I want you to know it’s not your fault that you’ve struggled. You just didn’t know how!