Thor Harris plays drums with the Swans, Bill Callahan, Ben Frost, Amanda Palmer, Xiuxiu and many others. Stacy Yates is a social worker in Austin inspiring young people to learn good trades. I am pleased to be able to share their thoughts and ideas with you.
How to Live Like a King on Very Little
1. Don’t smoke cigarettes
2. Drive old Japanese cars. Easy and cheap to fix & they run forever.
3. Buy most of your food from the produce section. Most of that other stuff is not actually food, you don’t need it.
4. Ride your bike instead of driving as much as possible. You need the exercise and gas is expensive.
5. Get your clothes from thrift stores. With the physique you’ll have from riding your bike, you’ll look hot in anything.
6. Learn to fix things. Tons of great books and youtube vids on fixing anything. Or ask an old dude. People used to fix things. No kidding.
7. Learn a trade- Carpentry, plumbing, electrical, auto mechanics, tailor, computer/electronics repair, something that can't be outsourced. Fix something!
8. Do people favors. It's called Cooperation. They will return the favor, or someone will. No kidding. This really works.
9. Make things-Look around you. Pick anything and make what you can with what you have.
10. Wear your helmet and put lights on your bike.
11. Find work you love. If you can’t do that, find a job where you love the people.
12. Don’t buy stuff on credit, Cash only, kids. Can’t afford it? Don’t buy it!
13. Pay your bills on time.
14. Love the life you live.
15. Learn to cook simple nutritious meals. Everyone is happier with a full stomach.
16. Eat well, sleep well, drink plenty of water, and stay grateful.