The story that you are about to read is true. The names have been omitted to protect the identities of those involved.
Once upon a school day, there was a teacher who taught middle school. One of the teacher's students was hearing impaired and in order for this particular student to access the lesson being taught, the teacher was asked to wear a tiny lapel microphone in class each day. Whenever the teacher spoke, the microphone would transmit the sound of the teacher's voice into a small speaker/hearing aid device located in the student's ear.
This method of communication was more than adequate in enabling the student to hear the lecture and take part in any class discussions. The only potential problem that could arise would be if the student forgot to hand the teacher the microphone at the beginning of the period. Being an organized and conscientious student, this situation rarely happened. In reality, the opposite was often true: the teacher forgot that the microphone was even attached to their lapel.
One spring day, the teacher finished lecturing a bit early and decided to allow the students to begin their homework for the evening during the time remaining in class. As the teacher circulated amongst the students offering encouragement and providing assistance to those who required it, the teacher began to experience the early warning signs of gastrointestinal distress.