Sex, Murder, and the Meaning of Life

Exploring the simple selfish biases that make us caring, creative, and complex

7 Ways Facebook Is Bad for Your Mental Health

Facebook’s meteoric rise in popularity suggests that it offers us something we’ve always wanted. But like all benefits in life, Facebook comes with its psychological costs—many of them invisible. We review research suggesting 7 ways that Facebook may be hurting you. (coauthored by Jessica E. Bodford) Read More

No.

I use and enjoy Facebook on a daily basis. I don't have any of those problems described in this post.

No. (Maybe means Yes)

Problems inside are not usually made aware to your conscious mind.

when u got disabled together

when u got disabled together you will know why it's just like in listia.com

when u got disabled in facebook u will know why

Anonymous wrote:
I use and enjoy Facebook on a daily basis. I don't have any of those problems described in this post.

when u got disabled in facebook u will know why

I feel I'm better than most people.

Whenever I read theses types of articles I always feel that I'm better than most people. I use a social media management website to show me new messages and I really don't get too many messages. It's all personal use and when someone bores me I stop following them so that I never have to deal their posts again. I feel the type of people described in this article don't really have much self control. That or they lack any conscious decisions in what is fun.

when u got disabled in facebook u will know why

Anonymous wrote:
Whenever I read theses types of articles I always feel that I'm better than most people. I use a social media management website to show me new messages and I really don't get too many messages. It's all personal use and when someone bores me I stop following them so that I never have to deal their posts again. I feel the type of people described in this article don't really have much self control. That or they lack any conscious decisions in what is fun.

when u got disabled in facebook u will know why

It's not Facebook

It's that people lack or have not learned proper information management skills.

I use FB and have only 46 friends with the majority being far away relatives. It find FB highly useful to keep in touch and to post pictures so my elderly Mother and relatives can see what my sister and I (age 54 and 55, respectively) are up to.

I don't have any of the issues described in your article.

when u got disabled in facebook u will know why

Mary wrote:
It's that people lack or have not learned proper information management skills.

I use FB and have only 46 friends with the majority being far away relatives. It find FB highly useful to keep in touch and to post pictures so my elderly Mother and relatives can see what my sister and I (age 54 and 55, respectively) are up to.

I don't have any of the issues described in your article.

when u got disabled in facebook u will know why

Facebook and Internet Marketers skewing information

Internet marketers are also trying to manipulate what you think is cool. People are paid to make tweets and to post to Facebook.

It can be like a pump and dump stock boiler room.
You need to be very careful of IMers. You can wind up in a "bad" neighborhood if you don't know who your friends really are.

People sell Facebook likes and posts all the time. Go the Fiverr if you think I am overreacting. You can see for yourself.

when u got disabled in facebook u will know why

Mark1 wrote:
Internet marketers are also trying to manipulate what you think is cool. People are paid to make tweets and to post to Facebook.

It can be like a pump and dump stock boiler room.
You need to be very careful of IMers. You can wind up in a "bad" neighborhood if you don't know who your friends really are.

People sell Facebook likes and posts all the time. Go the Fiverr if you think I am overreacting. You can see for yourself.

when u got disabled in facebook u will know why

Its like that in every place

Its like that in every place there are every kind of person. So if we think that by using fb we are amongst them. Its all about the use that how we handle and communicate it. Infact it is a very informative and knowledge gaining site.
opthalmic instrumets

Welcome to the "Anti" Social Network

I have used Facebook and realized something quite interesting. It has created 'lazy friendships'. Instead of taking the time to drive somewhere and spend time with friends - all of that can now be avoided by "liking" a post or making an admirable comment. I was even guilty of this. Overtime these friendships can get lighter and less meaningful. Physical presence makes the friendship stronger.

Here's a test for all those 'friends' - ask them to help you move. Then see how many people "have the time". Of course I am being sarcastic however I believe there is a truth to it.

Social websites seemed interesting at first but then I realized they are nothing more than an affirmation of one's existence. It reminds me of children's 'Show And Tell'.

I stopped using that site and hosted a "Quit Facebook BBQ", with friends.

I hope the irony is not lost

I hope the irony is not lost on you that there is a "Like" button for this article.

I "like" your comment

I hadn't thought about it, but I like it.

I've heard in the past that

I've heard in the past that Facebook is a bit like personal marketing - you only show the best bits of your life, and leave out the boring bits. Everyone knows you had a great time at a wedding this weekend, but they didn't know you spent last weekend trying to scrap mould off the bathroom walls.

facebook always ban friend reqest and now even go delete pages not only disable profile

facebook gives serious punishment if people reject your friend request. not confirm.

facebook always close profiles.

now, even facebook pages can not avid being deleted.

facebook is affectin your mental health when you play game, u play to high level then facebook disabled you

those who said facebook is great had not been disabled in facebook so saying that, if you know a selling site, LISTIA

who join listia must know what I am saying. admin in facebook and admin in listia go around sites saying their own site is good and nice when a lot of people anti both sites.

facebook here those good posts are facebook staff doing, look around the listia is scam and try to understand what I wanna say

not many real people love site staff pretending clients and say our site is good just u dont use it properly. listia is doing such stupid stuff. can't believe that big site like facebook also have to do what listia.com staff is doing. SOSAD

real members who left negative feedback are those who really got suspended on listia and faecbook. those who leave good comments saying it's just you dont get it, u dont know how to use our page right? are all staff's comments

listia is stupid so have to do this, but facebook is BIG SITE NOT SMALL SITE. have to do this kind of unnecessary thing together with listia.com ?????

facebook is worse than myspace and bebo

myspace is even better than facebook.

facebook should ask ppl who no add strangers state this in own profile not to punish ppl who send Fd Req to "those special people"

I use facebook in 2007. start this site, but in 2008 it start to disable my profile, then it keeps a lot of troubles especially frend request thing.

friend request in facebook can only be sent to people who would confirm your friend request. but who would know who would really confirm and who would not confirm.

internet should be used to meet and make friend freely with people we can not meet in real life. it's not 100% our fault people not add us. but facebook thinks only one thing.

people not add you must be you sent friend request to people that do not really you. only this is the only reason why your friend request got rejected.

very bad site, facebook is really very bad site.

we come and use facebook to meet people and add people freely, we use internet freely, to play games

facebook force people prove they are real names, which is retarded. facebook one site wants only real people using. but many people in facebook never adds people. many people never add people but not tell people who sent friend requests to them

facebook should change the friend request friend add thing by saying : "which person does not want to aadd people not know please state clearly. " not force friend request sender to eat the guilt.

internet should be used to add friend with online strangers. those people if really not want to add people they not know they should state in their own facebook profiles "SORRY I DONT ADD PEOPLE I DONT KNOW PLEASE REALLY DONT SEND ME FRIEND REQUEST"

not to punish those who send people friend requests.

we use facebook for happiness and fun, not to prove that we are real people

we use facebook for happiness and fun, not to prove that we are real people

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • You may quote other posts using [quote] tags.

More information about formatting options

Douglas T. Kenrick, Ph.D., is professor of social psychology at Arizona State University.

more...

Subscribe to Sex, Murder, and the Meaning of Life

Current Issue

Let It Go!

It can take a radical reboot to get past old hurts and injustices.