As the first week of the new year came to an end I decided to have a look at my posts and give you the top ten posts for 2012. And here they are:
1. A Day in the Life of a Psychiatrist Part I: published Mar 12, 2012, 3253 views.
Honestly, I did not expect that this post was going to top the list. It seems I underestimated the level of public curiosity about a behind the door snooping around a shrink office, meaning that a Part 2 is clearly overdue.
2. Exercise That Amyloid: published Feb 24, 24, 2012, 2026 views.
Alzheimer's remains a big topic so I can see how this remains a popular post even though the amyloid hypothesis lost steam this year.
3. Johnny Cash and Mental Hurt: published Feb 15, 2012, 1609 views.
My homage to Cash - I am glad to see I am not the only one paying respects to this amazing artist.
4. Psychiatry on Trial: published Mar 23, 2012, 1426 views.
A post that was itself put to trial - see the many following comments.
5. Schizophrenia, Neuroleptics, and the Illusion of Treatment Resistance: published Mar 08, 2012, 1137 views.
Keeping the hope up is a necessary ingredient of any good treatment, even more so for chronic illnesses such as schizophrenia.
6. The Uncertainty of Depression: published Dec 27, 2012, 1155 views.
A very recent post that I wrote as a follow up to my Antidepressant Wars invited blog post for PLoS. Both the first PLoS post and this follow up generated a significant interest - so much so that I now plan to continue the discussion about the risks, benefits and alternatives of getting one's medication info from mass media both here and on PLoS.
7. Newer Is Not Always Better: published Apr 13, 2012, 1109 views
8. Psychosis Is NOT Good for the Brain: published Feb 13, 2012, 1102 views
An interesting tie - it appears though as the Newer-Better post is the winner of these two posts on schizophrenia. Being conservative might be the right thing to do at times!
9. Faith in Psychiatry: published Apr 20, 2012, 795 views.
10. Psychiatry and Society: published Mar 30, 2012, 784 views.
The last 2 post, barely separating from each other: two takes about the place and role of psychiatry in this day and age.
A few more numbers:
As of today this blog has 18,318 all-time views. Not sure if this is a big or small number as I don't have any other numbers for comparision.
I am grateful to all of you who found my writing here interesting enough to give it "a view".
I also enjoyed corresponding with some of you in the comments sections and I hope that we will have more exchanges in the future. I always look forward to enlightened arguments or good debates so please don't hold back.
I hope that at least some of you found my posts here helpful. For those who did not I would appreciate hearing back and would be glad to take your suggestions about topics you'd like to see discussed as long as they fall under the (fairly broad) umbrella of psychiatric musings.
Finally, I would like to thank you all for the following of this blog - it is what keeps me going.
© Copyright Adrian Preda, M.D.