This is not going to be one of those nudge-nudge, wink-wink articles that talks about all the naughty things a couple can do once the kids move out. I'm saving that for Valentine's Day. No, this is a posting about how once you have an empty nest you can start to think about all or at least some of the things that make you happy. And some of them are dumb and some of them are silly. But they need to be acknowledged if you want to recalibrate yourself from a parent into a person again. So with some trepidation I give to you my top ten list of guilty pleasures and I encourage you all to send me yours.
Top Ten Guilty Pleasures
10. Any song by Abba, especially "Take a Chance on Me"
9. Wife beater t shirts, first made famous and fabulous by Marlon Brando in "A Streetcar Named Desire".
8." An Affair to Remember "- the movie and the song. (Oh Cary Grant! Oh Vic Damone! But most of all, Deborah Kerr.)
7. "The Bitch is Back" by Elton John
6. Cheetos and hot chocolate
5. Entertainment Tonight
4. Reading Vogue in the bath tub
3. Mac and cheese
2. Karaoke (again, any song originally done by Abba)