Growing a human takes a lot of energy – it can totally drain a pregnant mom’s strength. If you’re pregnant, you already know that simply walking from the kitchen to the bathroom can take the wind out of you. Here are some holiday tips for you - and by the way, these are great even if you’re not pregnant:
- Cut your to-do list in half. The cookies don’t have to be made from scratch.
- Give yourself some breathing time, even if it’s just resting in the car for a few minutes between errands.
- Only accept invitations that are most important to you.
- Feel free to leave a party early so you get enough sleep.
- Nibble small meals throughout the day and eat protein before a holiday event where there will be lots of sugar.
- Bring a beverage with you that you’re allowed to drink – don’t count on the host or hostess having anything other than alcohol.
- Shifting hormones on top of holiday stress can be challenging. Make sure you get the support you need, both personal and professional.
- If your tummy has already expanded, dress up for holiday occasions in comfortable yet attractive outfits so you feel wonderful with your new size.
Enjoy this season, and remember to take extremely good care of yourself. Everyone you love and care about benefits when you do.