A jerk is a know-it-all who doesn't know what they are talking about.
If they do know what they are talking about,
but don't care about offending others,
then they are simply an a**hole.
They are able to carve a wide path through the serenity in your lives, because you are so aghast, dumbfounded, and appalled by their outrageous behavior. Instead of reacting assertively, you stand transfixed like a deer in the headlights of a car. It takes almost all your self-restraint to keep your cool in the face of their rudeness, which is why it is so difficult to “Just Say No” to jerks. They are the opposite of a good guy or gal. (See Top 10 Ways to Recognize a Mensch)
1. They interrupt.
2. They don’t take turns.
3. They take advantage of people who are down.
4. They gloat in victory.
5. They are sullen in defeat.
6. They are not fair.
7. They lack integrity.
8. They are the people you hope you won’t grow up to be like.
9. They are the kind of person you wouldn’t want your sister (or brother or child) to marry.
10. They are the kind of person you’ll avoid, if you can break free of them.