This collection of travel quotes from some of the world's greatest thinkers will soon have you planning a trip and packing your bags.
1.. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do." - Mark Twain
2. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
3. "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” - Lao Tzu
5. "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller
6. “Nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” - Mark Twain
7. “I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.” - Robert Louis Stevenson
8. "When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money." - Susan Heller
9. "Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind." Seneca
10. “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost
11. "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust.
12. "People don’t take trips; trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
13. "Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
14. When overseas you learn more about your own country, than you do the place you’re visiting.” – Clint Borgen
15. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” - Henry Miller
16. "Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer" - unknown
17. “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” - Maya Angelou
18. "I feel about travel the way a happy new mother feels about her impossible, colicky, restless newborn baby - I just don't care what it puts me through." - Elizabeth Gilbert.
19. "Just do it." - Nike.
20. "The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people halfway."- Henry Boye
21. "Paris is always a good idea." - Audrey Hepburn.
22. "Many a trip continues long after movement in time and space have ceased." - John Steinbeck.
23. "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci
24. "Don't tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have traveled." - Mohammed
25. "Travel can be one of the most rewarding forms of introspection." - Lawrence Durrell
If you liked this article
If you liked this article, you'll probably like this one on 50 Common Cognitive Distortions.
Subscribe to Dr Alice Boyes's articles
You can get an email alert whenever Dr Alice Boyes writes a new blog article - Subscribe.
You can read my prior articles for Psychology Today here.
Alice's Twitter @DrAliceBoyes