It's been said that people fear public speaking even more than they fear death. Here are some tips to get you through public speaking - and they may even help you enjoy it.
1. Don't take yourself too seriously. You can get a serious message across without being solemn.
2. Be yourself. You're human. If you have some instances of tripping over your words, no one else will probably notice or even care.
3. Use Powerpoint wisely. Put as few points on the slides as possible. Elaborate on those points in your lecture, not on the slides.
4. The night before your lecture, go to the room you will be in. Do a test run of your projector and hookup to your laptop/tablet. Which leads to number 5...
5. Have backup cords and other equipment. As they say in the engineering world, "plan for redundancy". Carry two power cords and two A/V connectors . If you are speaking at a hotel they may also have this stuff. It may cost you or the company you are speaking for, though.
5. Get to bed at a decent hour the night before. Have a relaxing activity before bed. Stop reviewing your slides or other materials at least an hour before bed so you can give your brain a break. And don't drink alcohol the night before a big presentation - your quality of sleep can be affected. Also put out your entire outfit the night before.