What do you notice about these 10 famous quotes? They point to one important idea—the notion that what you think shapes who you become and where you go.
It makes a good case for being more mindful of your thoughts. Today, take a moment to check in with your thinking. What direction are your thoughts pointing you toward—success or failure? If your thoughts need to do a 180, pick one of these and repeat to yourself.
1. We become what we think about. –Earl Nightingale
2. If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced. –Vincent Van Gogh
3. The mind is everything. What you think you become. –Buddha
4. Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. –Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
5. Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill
6. The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any. –Alice Walker
7. I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear. –Rosa Parks