This is a list of timeless advice on how to eat well. The quotes all point to the same idea: eating mindfully is good for your mental and physical health. Hang up this handout on your refrigerator for inspiration!
1. One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well-Virginia Woolf
2. "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are." -Brillat-Savarin
3. Let food be thy medicine, thy medicine shall be thy food.- Hippocrates
4. Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.-Mark Twain
5. Better to eat a dry crust of bread with peace of mind than have a banquet in a house full of trouble-Proverbs
6. The more you eat, the less flavor; the less you eat, the more flavor. ~Chinese Proverb
7. The spirit cannot endure the body when overfed, but, if underfed, the body cannot endure the spirit. ~St Frances de Sales