- Find a Therapist
- Topic Streams
- Get Help
RelationshipsLow Sexual Desire
Recently Diagnosed?Diagnosis Dictionary
- Psych Basics
What is Psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy is the practice of spending time with a psychological professional trained to help diagnose and treat mental and emotional problems. Therapy can take various forms—cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness-based cognitive therapy, psychodynamic therapy, or a combination of these—but at the center of each is the caring relationship between a mental health professional and a patient.
Recent Posts on Psychotherapy
Find a nearby professional for face-to-face help
- By Jennifer Kunst, Ph.D.
- By Bob Edelstein, LMFT, MFT
- By Kirk J. Schneider, Ph.D.
- By The Contemporary Psychoanalysis Group
- By Robert J. Landy, Ph.D.
- By Kimberly Key, M.A.
- By Michael Otto, Ph.D. and Jasper Smits, Ph.D.
- By Dan Edmunds, Ed.D., D.D., B.C.S.A.