- Find a Therapist
- Topic Streams
- Get Help
RelationshipsLow Sexual Desire
Recently Diagnosed?Diagnosis Dictionary
- Psych Basics
All About Fear
Fear is a vital response to physical and emotional danger—if we didn't feel it, we couldn't protect ourselves from legitimate threats. But often we fear situations that are far from life-or-death, and thus hang back for no good reason. Traumas or bad experiences can trigger a fear response within us that is hard to quell. Yet exposing ourselves to our personal demons is the best way to move past them.
Recent Posts on Fear
Find a nearby professional for face-to-face help
- By Captain Tom Bunn, L.C.S.W.
- By Amy Przeworski, Ph.D.
- By Fredric Neuman, M.D.
- By Pamela Wiegartz, Ph.D. and Kevin Gyoerkoe, Psy.D.
- By Barbara Markway, Ph.D., and Greg Markway, Ph.D.
- By Christopher Lane, Ph.D.
- By Rosemary K.M. Sword and Philip Zimbardo, Ph.D.
- By Fletcher Wortmann