- Find a Therapist
- Topic Streams
- Get Help
RelationshipsLow Sexual Desire
Recently Diagnosed?Diagnosis Dictionary
- Psych Basics
Dementia is progressive loss of cognitive function, marked by memory problems and confused thinking. The most common form of dementia is Alzheimer's Disease, a fatal condition that affects more than 5 million Americans. Dementia most often occurs during old age, but is a more severe form of decline than that which accompanies normal aging.
Recent Posts on Dementia
Find a nearby professional for face-to-face help
- By Tamara McClintock Greenberg, Psy.D., M.S.
- By Meika Loe
- By Vivian Diller, Ph.D.
- By Susan Krauss Whitbourne, Ph.D.
- By Mario Garrett, Ph.D.
- By Wendy Lustbader, M.S.W.
- By Jamie Huysman, Psy.D., L.C.S.W., C.A.P.
- By Jasmin Tahmaseb-McConatha, Ph.D.